Tuesday, 6 August 2019, Kuching: In a move to further enhance the comprehensiveness of the existing Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policy, LBU has decided to include Traffic Management as an integral part of it.
LBU Head of Support Services Department Azman Hashim said this was to give an expressed commitment by the Project Delivery Partner on the importance of traffic management.
“This does not mean that prior to this, we did not emphasise on traffic management. It’s just that we want to make a bold statement on the HSET Policy to demonstrate our commitment towards traffic management. This is important both for the team building the Highway and road-users,” he said.
Various traffic management efforts have been initiated by LBU and main contractors since the project started in 2016 and these include the road safety campaigns and QHSET Week.
The revised policy reads: -
Lebuhraya Borneo Utara Sdn Bhd (LBU), in alignment with its corporate Vision and Mission, is fully committed to protect the health and safety of our employees, the public and other relevant stakeholders as well as to achieve a sustainable environmental management in our businesses.
LBU is committed to:
- Establish and maintain excellent Health, Safety, Environment and Traffic Management (HSET) systems.
- Comply with all applicable HSET statutory, legal and regulatory requirements including all local ordinances.
- Take appropriate actions to prevent accidents, occupational illnesses and environmental degradation.
- Promote active engagement of employees, work package contractors, supervision consultants and the public in all HSET programmes.
- Continually improve our HSET management and performance through the effective implementation of HSET plans, objectives and targets.
- Employ competent and committed employees with continual training and awareness to embrace best work practices.
This Policy shall be communicated to and understood by all employees and affected parties. Top management shall review the Policy at defined intervals to ensure its effectiveness and suitability